What is possible when a committed and focused group of farmers come together to share what they know, and learn more about stewarding the land for a sustainable and profitable future?
The Far South Coast Landcare Association invites you to join an exciting new initiative – the Farming Smarter Together program. This 18 month program will work with a small group of farmers from the Bega Valley region to explore ways of improving their long term sustainability and profitability.
This program is focused on:
- Bringing a committed group of farmers together to build their own
confidence and capacity to steward the land for a sustainable farming future.
- Supporting individual farmers to learn, practice and reflect on their
management practices and decisions.
- Look closely at your land condition and management practices, and identify
- Explore environmental management systems and how they could lead towards
improved sustainability of your land and business.
- Be part of a group that shares knowledge and learns together over 8 learning
- Access specialist knowledge on relevant subject areas.
- A commitment to get together with the group on a regular basis (about 1
day/month) over 18 months.
- Ability to undertake planning, monitoring and reflection in-between monthly
- Willingness to share your knowledge and learning in a group.
- Willingness to host the group on your property for learning opportunities.
- An $350/farm contribution towards accessing specialists
INFO NIGHT: Thur 9 May, 7pm-8:30pm, Landcare office – Old Plumb Motors building, 69 Auckland St Bega
REGISTER your interest for the program at www.bit.ly/farmingsmarterEOI
CONTACT: David at email@example.com or 0408 213 984